Forum Discussion

Sam5082
Contributing User
3 years ago

Creating a customer return

I need to create a customer return but have no option to do so. When I access the Sales drop down menu there is only "customer returns" and no option in the main menu or under "customer returns" to create one.  Pictures attached below. Help please :)

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam5082
    Contributing User
  • Hi Sam5082 

With your MYOB Essentials platform to generate a customer return you want to go to Sales>>Create Invoice and enter a negative amount for your lines. Upon saving a customer return would be created:

Help Article: Creating customer returns has more information on that process.

PetaBell
      User

I have a client with this same issue.  When they enter a negative amount the invoice won't save.  But as per the original poster they do not have the Create Customer return option.  Any ideas?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi PetaBell 

You mentioned that the invoice will not save with a negative amount can you expand on whether you are encountering a message? If so, what is the exact wording of that message?

Also, if you can provide a screenshot of that transaction that you are trying to record that would be ideal.