Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
park21
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoices

I have invoiced clients and followed instructions on how to enter payment received.

This works well until the bank reconciliation shows the credit and also a debit against them.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Invoices

Hi @park21 

Generally speaking, you would only have one transaction line appearing in your Reconcile account window for invoice payment. This would be the payment transaction which would commonly be a debit to a bank account.

If you do two transactions listed in the Reconciliation I would recommend reviewing the accounts involved in the transaction. It sounds like in your case, with that 1 credit line, you have coded the invoice to the bank account. As such, when you go to Invoices>Invoices and select that particular invoice what is the account involved in that transaction - ideally you want to have an income account listed on that invoice. 

If you have an income account listed on that Invoice, go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Sales and review the linked accounts. Ideally, the only one listed as the bank account should be the Bank account for customer receipts.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post