Cannot edit or delete items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shed-Man
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot edit or delete items

I cannot edit or delete a sales item.  Choose sales, items but unable to select any item so edit or delete is not shown.  I am aware that you cannot deleted  an item that has been used in a prior invoice.  This is a brand new item added OK but before it is used I need ed to make a minor edit.

4 REPLIES 4
LynleyAveris
Trusted Partner
54 Posts
Trusted Partner
New Zealand
Trusted Partner

54Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Cannot edit or delete items

Hi Shed-man

I created an inventory item on browser and deleted it in the browser.

Shed-Man
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for your reply Lynley

While I am pleased that you can create and delete an item, I still cannot.  So, unfortunately that doesn't help me in any way whatsoever.

Or perhaps I am missing something.  Please tell me how the fact that you can do something that I cannot helps me in any way.  Are you saying I must be doing domething wrong.  And that I enjoy wasting almost one hour researching the problem before giving up and posting the issue here?

Shed-Man
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Finally accidentally discovered the correct procedure to edit or delete an item.  Not described anywhere I could find (or at least in a way that this old man could understand).

In Sales , select Items.  In the displayed list, double left click on the number of the item that you want to edit/delete.  You are then presented with the appropriate screen.

brunob
MYOB Product Manager
39 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
MYOB Product Manager

39Posts

8Kudos

3Solutions

One nice shortcut added recently, is that you can go to any item from within a transaction too @Shed-Man , ie from invoices and bills. Simply click on the "i" icon in the order line and then on the tooltip click on "edit". screenshot:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 12.21.19 PM.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post