Forum Discussion

Peterll
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Tax Codes - Business Lite

I have started a file in MYOB Business Lite and I am not registered for GST nor do i have a payroll. My new file has a dozen or so tax codes with linked accounts to all of them. The HELP says I can't add or remove tax codes but it implies i wouldn't have them if I am not registered for GST.

Am I stuck with all these meaning less accounts?

• Hi Peterll 

If you want to modify tax codes you will have to go into Business settings>>GST settings and change to this business is registered for GST. This will allow you to modify the tax codes to NT in your Chart of Accounts. Also you will be able to adjust the Tax Codes as this menu will appear under Accounting>>Tax Codes (only when you have selected the option to be registered for GST). Read more about that here: Tax codes (Australia).

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Peterll 

Thanks for your post. If you are not registered for GST, make sure this is set in your file (Business name>>Business settings>>GST settings). Make sure to change the Tax/GST code field to N-T in:

Read more about that here: Changing your GST settings

Peterll
      Experienced User

I set the business to NO GST from thre start, created the COA with nothing but N-T codes but the Tax Codes are all there and they all have linked accounts i can't get rid of. Where can I change the linked acocunts so i can combine them into one to keep?

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Peterll 

You can check and change Linked Accounts under Accounting>>Manage linked accounts.

You can change the default linked accounts and turn some off. However, some feature-level accounts can't be changed or turned off, even if you don't use the feature they're linked to. Read more about that here: Managing linked accounts.