Test company / Clearwater in MYOB Business Pro

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
virtuallyjohnny
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Test company / Clearwater in MYOB Business Pro

Hi

I have a client who uses MYOB Business Pro. I am trying to put some controls around their payables processing, but struggling to build procedures due to an inability to test my proposals, or even understand the functionality that is available. I would also like to train the admin officer on certain functions without using the live database.

There doesn't appear to be a test environment or Clearwater in MYOB Business Pro (this was available in Accountright and prior software based versions). And setting up a trial account is no longer possible without providing credit card details.

From what I can tell, a lot of the functionality that was in the older versions of MYOB has been removed. This software no longer seems fit for anything but a family business.

Has anyone got a testing solution?

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Test company / Clearwater in MYOB Business Pro

Hi @virtuallyjohnny

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! AccountRight and MYOB Business are two different software programs, they will have their differences in functionality. There isn't a Clearwater test file for MYOB Business, to test this you would need to set up a test trial. You can cancel the test trial right before the 30 day trial is over within the product so that you are not signed up. This article has instructions on how you can cancel the trial. 

We appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to the teams. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

virtuallyjohnny
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Test company / Clearwater in MYOB Business Pro

Hi Melisa_D

Thanks for confirming that the only approach to setting up a test environment for MYOB Business is to set up a trial account using credit card details.

This was the last straw for me, MYOB Business is not a viable option for a software system, and therefore I have removed MYOB cloud based solutions from my recommendations for small business. On the positive side, MYOB has made it much easier for me to confidently answer the question "which accounting system should I get?" because now there is only one provider for me to recommend (and it is not Xero, either).

Such a shame, what was once far and away the best accounting solution has been turned into rubbish. Combined with the removal of key reports, user controls and customer card set up functionality, the latest iteration of SME accounting software in MYOB Business is no longer fit for purpose. And MYOB Advanced has massive issues with the HR modules as well, to the extent partners aren't willing to implement it. Things have really gone downhill since KKR took over.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post