hanging when allocating payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kirstyjoyc
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hanging when allocating payments

Hi There.  I have been using MYOB for years and apart from the fact it routinely only saves 80% of allocations meaning extra work redoing payments several times over am very happy with it.

The last few days however I have been unable to allocated any transactions due to it hanging every time I try.  I have tried a couple of browsers and it doesn't make a difference.  With GST and end of year coming up I really need this resolved.

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: hanging when allocating payments

Hi @kirstyjoyc 

This issue can sometimes happen due to a corrupt reference number sequence. Allocating a BankFeed would normally create a Receive Money or Spend Money transaction in the system. This process can fail if the program thinks that the next sequential reference number has already been used for another transaction.

To resolve this, please follow the steps given below:

1. Manually create a dummy receive money or spend money transaction, for any date and amount against the account you want the allocation.

For example,
    Withdrawal ($) = Spend Money
    Deposit ($) = Receive Money
  2. Change the reference number of the transaction to be the next higher in the sequence. eg, if the Receive Money transaction number says RM000001, change this to RM000002.

This should have now reset the corrupt reference number sequence.

1. Now, click on the “Allocate me” drop-down menu on the Bankfeeds screen and select the relevant account. The transaction would be allocated as normal.
  2. Delete the dummy Spend Money/ Receive Money transaction.
  3. Continue to allocate the rest of your bank transactions as normal.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you require further assistance with this.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post