WRS109
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Linked account for tax

I changed over from GST registerred to Not Registered. I have changed all accounts to NT and have deleted all recurring transactions and bank feed rules to ensure no reference to GST. 

To allocate  any transactions I keep getting the error message that "You must specify a linked account for tax"

I cant get past this message - I have changed the status back to GST and I still have the same error message and even when I revert back to  non registered

I dont want to import transactions prior to Bank Feeds until I can resolve this.

Your help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

273Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Linked account for tax

Hi @WRS109,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Errors like this typically indicate that one or more tax codes (Australia) or GST codes (New Zealand) don't have linked accounts. To resolve this, ensure that each of your Tax/GST Codes has linked accounts assigned. You can do this by going to the Lists menu and selecting Tax/GST Codes. Please see this help article for more information: Error: "You must specify a linked account"

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

WRS109
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks there was one further step needed - revert to GST - add tax account for NT code and to revert back to Non GST

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @WRS109,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate you sharing this additional step. This valuable information could indeed be of great help to others who might encounter the same issue. I'll now be closing this thread as resolved. Please feel free to create a new post again if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post