An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rod_Giddings
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Hello there,

I am trying to process a pay run , and am getting the above error when I am trying to Record and Report.  The only thing that is different to other pay runs is that I am using the Bonus Wage pay item. I have checked the setup of this pay item and it does not look any different to other pay types ?

Regards

Rod Giddings

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Hi @Rod_Giddings,

Thank you for your post.

This error will occur when one or more wage pay items are linked to multiple leave pay items. For example, the “Leave” pay item is linked to both the leave items “Annual leave” and “Extra leave”.

I suggest you go through your Leave pay items (sick leave, annual leave, etc.) and make sure you remove any wage pay items that are linked to multiple Leave items.

I will leave a post below of another use that experienced this issue and was able to resolve using the above guide:

Let me know if you have trouble locating the issue, happy to assist further. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Rod_Giddings
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Hello Sam,

I still cannot get past this error message.  I have gone to Payroll>Pay Items and checked all of the leave and other pay items.   Nowhere can I see an option to link a pay item to a "leave" or any other type of item. I have tried deleting a pay item to an employee and re-instating but that does not work either.

I have been "upgraded" to the new version of MYOB essentials.

Regards

Rod Giddings

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Rod_Giddings,

Thank you for letting me know. 

The screenshot below will show the area where you can find if there is a linked wage item:

Payroll > Pay Items > Leave tab > Click into the leave item/s

Screenshot 2021-12-31 164616.png

Once you have navigated to this area, you want to make sure that a linked wage pay item is only attached to 1 leave item, so you will need to go through each leave item to check this.

If you are still having trouble locating the issue, could you please send me a private message with the following information so I can investigate further for you?

• Serial number
  • Business name
  • Primary contact name
  • Primary email address

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post