Forum Discussion

2 years ago

How do I change annual leave accrument from hours to days

Hello,

I have the newer version of MYOB (MYOB Business) and I am trying to work out how to change the annual leave entitlements from hours to days as this will be easier for me to calculate.

If anyone can help, as I can't get hold of anyone at the call centre, that would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi nikki_martin20 

Annual leave accrual cannot be changed from hours to days at this stage. We will post an update if anything around this changes. Please feel free to post if you have further questions or concerns. 

The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi nikki_martin20 

As Komal has indicated - not possible.

However, perhaps some sage like advice - I have been using, configuring, running, building MYOB files more businesses for a longtime - and running payroll for a longtime - and the 1 thing I DO NOT DO is rely on MYOB to get leave right.

I am not saying that MYOB gets it wrong but it is such and invisible function in MYOB ( and we 'just assume it is right as must employees) that we cannot then argue with an employee that just wants to say it is wrong. And leave accrual is synonymous with an employees payrate - you cannot mess it up.

I never use it - and I have run payroll for businesses - and my son's business for a longtime.

I use a good old spreadsheet - and every fortnight the senior staff business staff manager sends me EVERYONES - time off, leave, sick leave etc in an email - and I add this to this spreadsheet per person, per pay fortnight etc.

We have 30 staff members - it can be a bit time consuming but it will save you grief as it has me. I have staff members arguing with their leave amounts - I just screenshot their spreadsheet and it is there in all its colour and glory - and at the end of that line is the accumulated "Days"  leave owed - which of course is relative.

i.e a person do 8 hors a day then a day = 8 hrs

A partime doing 4.5 hrs per day then a day is 4.5 hrs etc.

All this can happen on the spreadsheet.

And the other fabulous use is a pictorial of the workers leave/sick leave - it tells you a lot. MYOB just doesn't give you that.

We now use Wageloch - an internet based payroll system.

It makes life a lot easier but you still have to fill in the spreadsheet - but instead of the email I just go online and for each staff member there is a pictorial image of their shift for the fortnight showing work, leave, sick leave etc. 

After over 25 years of using MYOB - this seems to work the best.

Hope this helps.

The Doc