7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

How to reconcile multiple payments made to one employee over one pay run

We have made multiple mayment to an employee (advance etc) against one pay run transaction but the system will not let us allocate multipe payments we have against the one transaction created by the payrun.

How can I do this?

1 REPLY 1
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: How to reconcile multiple payments made to one employee over one pay run

Hi @Leigh_Utton,

Thank you for your post. If multiple payments are made against one pay run, to reconcile them, you will need to reverse the payroll transaction and redo it according to the multiple amounts to match the bank feed transactions. Once the pay run is processed, you can match the payroll transaction to the bank feed transaction. The Help Article on Fixing a Pay will provide you with the steps on how to reverse a pay.

Another option is to create journal entries that match the two bank transaction amounts. The Help Article on adding and finding journal entries will provide you with the steps on how to create a journal entry for payroll. However, I recommend seeking help from your accountant when doing this, as this would be considered financial advice.

Should you require any assistance, don't hesitate to post again. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post