Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Leave accrual - percentage of gross wages vs hours per pay period

I have an issue with leave accruals and the hours accrued not showing on employee payslips.

At present, I have set up the annual leave accrual as 'equals 7.6923% of gross wages' per pay period (being fortnightly) which reflects a $$ value of leave accrued on the payslips but does not show the hours accrued. 

After calling MYOB for assistance, I was advised that to have the hours accrued to show on payslips, that I need to set up the entitlement as 'equals xx hours per pay period' (which it does).  However, I queried this as I noticed this was how it had been set up on another client file but if the employee works less than their normal hours (leave without pay for example), the accrual does not reduce or reflect the correct accrual rate, hence, why I've used the percentage method in the other client file.

Does anyone know a way around this please?

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PerfCents,

Thanks for your post.

Kindly check the pay run processed to see if there's any leave accrued. Also, please confirm the pay basis that you are using for the impacted employee.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

Best regards,

Doreen

PerfCents
      User
      Hello Doreen,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately you misunderstand my problem.  I have done all the things that you listed in your reply, however, because I have chosen to use the percentage rate for leave accrual instead of set hours per pay when setting up the entitlement category, only the dollar value is reflected on the employee payslips.  I was advised by MYOB Support that the only way to have leave accrual reflected on the payslips with HOURS, I need to choose the set hours per pay option for leave accrual inside the entitlement category.  In my experioence, choosing this option does not reduce, or increase, leave accrual if the employee's paid hours change up or down from normal hours.

I trust you now understand - thank you.