Forum Discussion

3 months ago

Moving from MYOB online to another payroll provider & STP

Good morning all

I have a new client that is moving to our firm. The accounts were done in MYOB Online and they have 1 employee. The previous accounting firm do/will not transfer the subscription to the client they just shut it down. Our firm uses a different software.

How do we zero out the employee for STP and lodge a nil YTD STP submission before we start lodging in the new program?

Thanks for your time

1 Reply

• Hi TeaganHayse,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

You'll need to zero out the YTD values through an update event to prevent duplicate information from being displayed. You can either reverse all the payments processed for the current payroll year or delete the figures from the pay history of the employee's card file. Then process a $0 pay with the payment date as the current date, wait until the report has been accepted, and then check the YTD verification report, and all employees have $0.00 YTD.

I'd recommend taking a backup and saving all payroll reports before zeroing out the YTD amounts.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess