Forum Discussion

GMAccts3123
Contributing User
3 months ago

Needing to stop leave without pay accruing annual leave and personal leave

Hi

Note - we use MYOB Essentials.

We have new employees that have been set up with Leave without Pay but we don't want them accuring annual leave or personal leave.  I have tried to follow the below instructions:

To prevent leave accuring on unpaid leave

1. Go th the Payroll menu and choose Pay items

2. Click the Leave tab

3. Click to open the leave entitlement which shouldn't accure while on unpaid leave

4. Under Exemptions, choose the Unpaid Annual Leave wage pay item

5. Click Save

6. Repeat for all leave entitlements which shouldn't accure while on unpaid leave

But when I get to step 4 - under exemptions - there is no "Leave without Pay" item to choose .. only PAYG Withholding.

How do I get the "Leave without Pay" to show under the exemptions?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, GMAccts3123. Thank you for your post. 

Could you please verify if you created the Leave without pay under the wages and salary section instead of the leave tab? Exemptions on the settings of the leave accrual will only display pay items under wages and salary.

Cheers,

Hannah

GMAccts3123
      Contributing User

Hi Hannah

I can 100% confirm the Leave without pay was created under the wages and salary section instead of the leave tab. I have attached what it looks like.

Thanks

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, GMAccts3123. Thank you for your confirmation.

Here's what you can further do:
        - Go to Leave tab on pay Items, click on the leave accrual

- Make sure that Leave without pay is added on the exemptions to exclude it in leave calculation

Please be aware that if your setting is configured to equal hours per pay period, exemptions cannot be added. This is because the hours are fixed, and adjustments for leave pay cannot be included.

Let us know if you require further assistance and we are here to help you.