Forum Discussion

JaniceM
Contributing User
2 months ago
Solved

Salary sacrifice superannuation deducted from employee pay Sept 23 needs to be reversed/fixed

The employee had salary sacrifice superannuation deductions for years.

He turned 75 years in September 2023 and the Superannuation Fund rejected the Salary Sacrifice for him due to age eligilibility and returned the funds to the company account.

The rejection only happened the once, in his Sept 23 pay. Salary sacrifice superannuation ceased being deducted from his pay therafter.

I am not sure the best way to fix this as the ATO needs to know and the P&L is showing incorrect amount in superannuation Liability.

I was going to reverse his Sept 23 pay and re do it exactly the same except not deducting the salary sacrifice superannuation deduction and send to ATO.

But I don't believe I can as the Sept23 pay shows as Accepted in STP reporting. Also I wondered if resending an earlier pay to the ATO would mess up his current YTD figures?

Would appreciate your advice on the best way to fix this.

Thank you

• Hi JaniceM,

Thank you for your post.

To rectify the situation, you'll need to make a few adjustments. Since the salary sacrifice superannuation deduction was rejected due to age eligibility, it's best to reverse the September 23 pay and then reprocess it without the deduction. For more information, please refer to this Help article: Fixing a Pay.

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

• Hi JaniceM,

Thank you for your post.

To rectify the situation, you'll need to make a few adjustments. Since the salary sacrifice superannuation deduction was rejected due to age eligibility, it's best to reverse the September 23 pay and then reprocess it without the deduction. For more information, please refer to this Help article: Fixing a Pay.

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JaniceM,

You're very much welcome! Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter issues in the future. We're here to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen