Another company invoice with our business details was sent to my client when we sent an invoice electronically

JL70
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Another company invoice with our business details was sent to my client when we sent an invoice electronically

We created an invoice as usual and emailed it as we usually do.

The client received the invocie and opened it only for it to be an invoice form 2019 and that was to a company we do not have on our system and items we do not sell.    So our myob accounts is getting mixed up with another company -  this is really not good.  What else is being shared without our knowledge?

14 REPLIES 14
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Re: Another company invoice with our business details was sent to my client when we sent an invoi...

Hi @JL70 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Can you please try clearing your browser cache, log out and log back in. Try to resend the invoice to your customer or send an invoice to your personal email, to see and check if this is still happening.

Please let me know how you go about this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

suzsnell
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Another company invoice with our business details was sent to my client when we sent an invoice electronically

Same thing keeps happening to me.  And it is freaking my customers out.  I have not been hacked but my accounts are merging with someone in WA and the NT - people not in my system.  I cannot get any one from myob on the phone, does anyone have any suggestions - very frustrating.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Re: Another company invoice with our business details was sent to my client when we sent an invoi...

Hi @suzsnell 

Thank you for your response. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I understand your frustrations and this is not an experience we want to provide our customers. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. To help you with resolving your issue, may I request you to clear your browsing cache , log out and log back in. Try to send an invoice once again to your customer or try sending the invoice to your personal email.

Please let me know if the same thing happen.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Cheers,

Princess

suzsnell
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have tried to send a private message but it is above my paygrade and cannot work out how to do that other than on this post - sorry

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Hi @Princess_R 

I don't think you have understood the seriousness of what is being reported here - this should be escalated to senior management urgently for investigation and a 'fix'.

Emailing invoices works correctly 'most of the time' - so getting user to clear cache and do a test resend is of little comfort. The test email will no doubt work correctly. The BIGGER issue is why is this happening on MYOB systems? It's one thing to mixup up data from the user's company file - this would just be a software bug reading the wrong data - and this should obviously be fixed. But to mixup up details between 2 client's company files is a serious 'systems' issue. Clearing the cache doesn't solve than nor address the underlying cause.

MYOB needs to investigate - solve - and above all 'come clean' rather than sweeping it under the rug. Clients need to have confidence MYOB is doing the right thing and their systems are robust. Senior Management should be issuing a statement acknowledging the issue and advising it has been fixed!!

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Hi @suzsnell 

Thank you for letting me know.

I have given you access kindly check and try to send again a private message.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

Thank you for sharing your insights. I understand how important it is for the business, and this is not an experience we want to provide to our customers. We strive hard to provide a seamless experience. 

To help customers with resolving their issue we would need to start with basic troubleshooting. To help identify the symptoms and figure out why something doesn't work as intended before we investigate further to provide a solution. We will surely escalate this issue with a proof that this is actually happening in the system. We are also asking some details and screenshots via private message in order for us to escalate.

Cheers,

Princess

Flexicom
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have just experienced this issue. Invoice was sent to my customer with another customers details on it with services that we do not supply.  $0 balance.  The customer that received this from us was very concerned and as were we.  I am wondering if anything Has been done about this on MYOB side.  As this post was a month ago and we have just experienced this issue I would have to think that MYOB has done nothing about this Problem

MYOB really needs to get on top of this as scammers are getting worse and this is a serious issue that needs to be fixed.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @Flexicom

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Thank you for flagging this to us. We apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you find something unusual on your invoices such as incorrect amounts or contact information for the customer, it is recommended that you do review the invoice and company information in your MYOB Business to ensure that the details are correct. I’ve also forwarded this concern to the relevant team for it to be escalated.   

Please do let us know if you have further queries and we'll be happy to help.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post