Forum Discussion

hwillfdpc
Contributing User
9 months ago

Changing Customer Payment Allocation

Hi. I had applied a customer payment in a certain way and now they want it applied differently. MYOB keeps suggesting the match to the list of invoices I first applied it to. It will not allow me to delete the payment history for those invoices and the edit menu is completely greyed out for me when I try to. The User Preferences aren't set to only allow reversal instead of deletion. At my wits end here....

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi hwillfdpc

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Apologies for the delayed response. I know how important that the payment is allocated in the system correctly. Generally, there are different reasons why payment history could not be altered. May I know if the transaction we are trying to delete is part of a bulk transaction bank deposit? If it is we need to first delete the bulk transaction before deleting the individual transaction that is included in it. 

We look forward to your response. Any information or screenshots about the issue would be much appreciated. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

hwillfdpc
      Contributing User

Hi Genreve, the payment was allocated toward 5 invoices for the customer. Attached is a screenshot showing the payment in bank feeds, and how it's deferring to the original allocation. I've also taken a screenshot showing the user preferences setting.

hwillfdpc
        Contributing User

When the suggested allocation isn't approved (by clicking the red X instead), the invoices remain in the sales register as being paid and when you go back to the bank feeds, it defaults to suggesting the allocation against those same invoices again.