Forum Discussion

GoosesAccounts
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

Item appearing in GL code, but nothing coded to that GL account within the invoice

I have two invoices that are showing as having $29.00 entered against GL 5-2150 Misc Corporate which is a purchase GL code, not sales.. However when I click on the sales invoice number and go to the invoice, nothing within the sales invoice has been coded to that account? 
How can I fix this? Can I just do a journal crediting the incorrect code and putting where it should be? (although I am not sure where this $29.00 has come from)

2 Replies

• Hi GoosesAccounts 

These are the Cost of Sales entries. That account 5-2150 will be the account listed on the Item Profile tab. If you are not familiar with this, I suggest you spend some time in the Support section for the software you are using and read up on perpetual inventory in MYOB or using 'I Inventory' etc.

Regards

Gavin

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GoosesAccounts,

Thanks for your post and for providing the sample screenshot. Indeed, you can do a journal crediting the incorrect code and putting it where it should be if you want to. I also recommend checking the linked accounts for the items and how they are being set up. There's a possibility that it is just on the linked account. On your dashboard, you may go to Accounting> Manage linked accounts.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella