Partner
Australia
Partner

148Posts

7Kudos

7Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sales invoices being duplicated

I have a problem with sales invoices.  Having created one, I go into the Sales section and find there are 3 for the same client, with different invoice numbers, all dated different days and on days when the database hasn't been open.  Eg. Sales dated 4 and 5 and 6th March for the one client, but with the database only opened on the 6th and only one being produced on the 6th March.

5 REPLIES 5
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,165 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,165Posts

117Kudos

490Solutions

Re: Sales invoices being duplicated

Hi @Wolfie2011,

Thank you for your post and for waiting patiently for our response.

There could be several reasons for the duplicate sales, one of which could be related to how transactions are recorded in the system. In this scenario, I suggest reviewing the journal security audit report and the sales report to ensure the accuracy of these transactions.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Wolfie2011
Partner
148 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

148Posts

7Kudos

7Solutions

Hi Princess, I appreciate your help and my apologies for taking so long in getting back to you.  Unfortunately we have all been ill and my brain just wouldn't function properly.  I've followed the steps you advise, journal security audit report and find something very odd.  It is showing all the transactions for the day I produced the invoices, then on two other dates under user (System) it has duplicated the same invoices but separate dates.  eg.  I produced an invoice on 6 March, under my user name, then on 4th March and 3rd March the same invoice has been added by user (System).

Wolfie2011
Partner
148 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

148Posts

7Kudos

7Solutions

Sorry, I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with sending a copy to myself?

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,374Posts

115Kudos

265Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Wolfie2011,

Thank you for your response. I would recommend Clearing the AccountRight cache, as this action can often resolve unusual behavior. And also, If you have a duplicated invoice, you'll need to delete the new invoice that was created. To do this, locate the new invoice in the Invoices list and proceed to delete it.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Wolfie2011
Partner
148 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

148Posts

7Kudos

7Solutions

Thanks for your advice in clearing the cache.  I managed to do the process and it seems to have worked.  There were a couple of things I didn't do.  Normally I would tick the box to send a copy of the invoice to myself and also, use a recurring entry.  Both of these have been deleted.  Happy days ahead.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post