Viewing invoice troubles

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Roig
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Viewing invoice troubles

Have sent an invoice to an email but when I click the green box to view it the portal says, this is awkward. Been on chat with support but thats no help.

9 REPLIES 9
BexR
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Viewing invoice troubles

Me too!

No help anywhere...

Ness4
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Having same issue, every second customer cannot open invoice and error message is "this is awkward"

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

180Kudos

386Solutions

Hi All

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that you are having an issue when viewing the invoice. 

Generally, the "This is awkward" error message in MYOB typically indicates an issue with accessing the online portal for viewing or managing invoices. When you encounter this error, here are steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

• Refresh the Page, start by refreshing the page or reopening MYOB and attempting to access the online portal again
  • Clear Browser Cache and Cookies, clear your browser's cache and cookies, as stored data can sometimes cause conflicts. After clearing the cache, close and reopen your browser, then try to access the portal again.
  • Try a Different Browser, if the issue persists, try accessing the portal using a different web browser. This can help determine if the problem is browser-specific.
  • Check your Internet Connection, ensure you have a stable and active internet connection. A weak or interrupted connection can lead to errors when accessing online services.
  • Disable Browser Extensions, some browser extensions or add-ons can interfere with web page functionality. Disable any extensions that may be causing conflicts and retry accessing the portal.
  • Verify the Invoice Link, Double-check the invoice link you received in your email. Ensure that the URL starts with "https://" and matches the official MYOB website.
  • Security Software, Check if any security software or firewall settings on your computer are blocking access to the MYOB portal. Adjust your security settings as needed.
  • Alternative Access,  if accessing the portal directly from the invoice link is problematic, consider accessing the MYOB portal by signing in directly to your MYOB account (if available). Once logged in, you may be able to find and view the invoice from your account dashboard.

The steps provided above should help us diagnose the issue and resolve it.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Ness4
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Your answer would imply that I would have to get all my customers to do that to access their invoice??

These are long time customer's that have never had an issue opening an invoice and it appears that just about every second customer is emailing me to say they cannot view, open, download, this would suggest the issue is with MYOB essentials.

BexR
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I agree. This is not a solution. I have tried the steps suggested. MYOB has caused the issue and THEY need to fix it.

Roig
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, the problem has only just arisen.  I have already been through these steps earlier today. Still the problem exists.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

180Kudos

386Solutions

Hi All

Thank you for updating us.

If the above steps did not work for you and you still received the same error message, kindly check the invoice that was sent. Generally, the "this is awkward" error message happens when there is an invalid character in the invoice number and a missing country on the linked customer card. To correct the situation, kindly remove the invalid characters from the invoice number as it should be numeric only. Also, please ensure that the customer card has a country set.

Please let us know how it goes. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Roig
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Doreen, that still hasn't fixed the problem. I go back to previous invoices which worked fine before and are now showing the same problem.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

272Solutions

Hi @Roig

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue. To resolve it, I recommend clearing your AccountRight cache: Clearing the AccountRight Cache 

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post