Forum Discussion

8 months ago

default allocation for customers & suppliers

In AccountRight a default expense/income account can be set for each name in the card file. Almost all my transactions are charged to, or receive income from, a particular account connected with a name in the card file. It is the best timesaver in AccountRight!!This is not available in Business Lite even though a have found a couple of requests for it.  It is a major time saver and would be a dealbreaker for me in selecting a new system.

Selection of customers/suppliers by CardID is also a time saver that is missing from Lite.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rodgrant,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

You can set a default expense code for a supplier by opening that supplier from all contacts menus. Within the supplier contact, the default expense account can be selected from the expense account field dropdown. When creating a bill that selects that supplier, the selected default expense account does not pull through from the supplier as expected. Instead, the expense account field on the bill will be blank when a new line is added to the bill.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rodgrant,

We just want to check back with you regarding your concern. Do you still need help with this.? Let us know if you need further assistance with this. We are happy to assist you further. 

Thanks, 

Cel