Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Issues with Ace Payroll Cloud Delivery

Hi Everyone,

We've been having issues with ACE Payroll Cloud Delivery for 2-3 weeks now. With the last pay-cycle I think the payslip emails were delivered eventually but it took like four days.

We're sending off the payslips as usual via Cloud Delivery, Ace Payroll says they're sent, but they don't arrive. Same when sending test emails - Ace Payroll says they're sent but don't arrive.

I called the support 0800 number and the support team told us to make sure the IP address for the Cloud Delivery server is unblocked in the firewall but that hasn't helped. I also ran a traceroute as per the reccomendations of the support person I talked to and it's looking like the Cloud Delivery server might not be online?

The hops reach Cloudflare servers and then stop...

Is someone able to help with this or clarify the situation?

Kind regards

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Sluggo1 

Welcome to the Community Forum. I can see that you've been in touch with our phone support team this morning.

Was your server provider able to resolve the error or did you still require assistance?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Sluggo1
      User

Hi Samara,

Thanks for the response.

Yes we're trying to configure ACE Payroll to send out emails via SMTP in the interim.

I've spoken with our server providers. They've had a look and told us that everything appears to be set up correctly. Also, we have other software which uses SMTP authentication which we've been doing some testing with.

We've matched the SMTP settings across both applications for the:

SMTP Server,

Port number,

Sender address,

Use Authentication (Y/N),

Username, 

Password,

We've tried this with 3 different Microsoft365 emails and the outcome is always the same:

The other software is sending the emails fine, but ACE Payroll is returning with the error "504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type" and nothing is sent. 

I also tried a gmail account and the situation the same but the error code was 500 instead.

In the end we printed all the payslips to PDF files and then emailed them out Manually. 

It'd be good to know what email providers might work with ACE Payroll and the settings we should use for that.

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Sluggo1 

I've had a look at the error message you mentioned and found a Microsoft Support Article explaining that they have disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for most Microsoft 365 services in the worldwide environment, which might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you consult your Server Provider regarding the best way to move forward.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.