13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Upgrading your AccountRight v19 file online and offline

Hi Everyone

When upgrading your AccountRight v19 company file to AccountRight 201X, there are two options with how you can store your file, Online and Offline. There are a couple of main things to consider when deciding which will suit you better going forward.

Should I upgrade my file online or offline?

The first is somewhat important, being internet access. Storing the file online will require internet access, so if you’re in an area where the internet is a bit unreliable or on the slow side you may want to consider upgrading your file offline. If you do have multiple files to upgrade, or you currently operate in a server environment you may also want to upgrade the files offline.

Another big consideration is the size of the file. If you run a large file you may want to consider some of the steps on our preparations forum thread on things you can do get the file ready for upgrading. If you’re still going to be using a larger file, then you may want to upgrade offline rather than online.

Although AccountRight 201X is very similar to AccountRight v19 in a number of ways, there are a few differences to get used to. Because of this you may want to run the two systems in parallel, entering the same transactions into both as you get used to the new version

Have any questions about being online on the Cloud? We recommend checking out our post: FAQs about "the Cloud" & the new AccountRight

If your wanting to upgrade the file offline, I recommend checking out our help article, Upgrade without putting your company file online. This steps through the entire upgrading offline process, which will place your upgraded company file inside your My Library.

In contrast to upgrade your file online, please have a read of our help article, Upgrade to the new AccountRight. Unlike upgrading the file offline, upgrading the file online is a little different in that the file gets uploaded to our team who put the file online on your behalf.

Looking at upgrading more files online? There needs to be a subscription per-company file you wish to have online. For more information, you can check out our post: Storing multiple files online

Getting an error about your Serial Number? See: Error: “Serial Number doesn’t match your account”

After the upgrade, there are just a few more steps to look at. Check out our post: Post Migration tasks

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post