Using Bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Using Bank feeds

Hi Everyone

Automatic bank feeds can be used for a variety of purposes in the day to day processing, some of them being easy transaction entry, getting updated banking information, and most commonly as a tool for reconciliation

Once you have set up your Bank feeds these transactions will flow through to your MYOB Software available for you to action that transaction. There are two main actions that can be taken with a bank feed transaction; Match or Allocate

Match is when you have already recorded the bank transaction in your MYOB Software and you are looking at matching that bank transaction to that transaction.

Click on the Find option next to the associated transaction, enter the desired search criteria if required, choose the already recorded transaction, and then select Match & approve

Attachment2.PNG

The following links can be referred to understand the process:

How matching works 

Approving a bank feed

Matching a bank feed to multiple transactions

Select the drop arrow to the right of the transaction, selecting Match transaction, and choose the desired transaction(s) before selecting Save.

Attachment.PNG

For more information on matching check out the following Help Articles and Forum posts:

Matching bank transactions 

Matching multiple bank transactions to one payroll transaction. 

Allocate is used when you have yet to record that transaction in MYOB Software.

In the Bank Feeds window, select an unmatched bank feed transaction, click New and select the type of transaction you want to create, then match & approve.

Click on Allocate Me and select the account against which you want to record the withdrawal or deposit. 

allocate me.JPG

Allocating bank transactions explains this in detail.

Can't find the answer to your question here? Take a look at Bank Feed FAQ's Alternatively, do please start a new post. Our team of MYOB Support Moderators and the MYOB Community is always happy to help.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post