Forum Discussion

chrissie15
Experienced User
3 months ago

Supplier cannot be found in Bills search

On the Bills page, when I want to filter bills by a supplier, some of our suppliers cannot be found. Why would this happen? I have checked the supplier details and they are active contacts. My way around this issue is to enter the supplier name in the search field, but I'd just like to know why 'No supplier found' is displayed when I search for some suppliers.

12 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi chrissie15,

Thanks for posting. It seems like you're having a hard time locating some active suppliers when you're sorting out bills in MYOB Business. This might be happening for a number of reasons, some of which are that the card is inactive or there is a mismatch in the supplier details. If the supplier card is active, you might want to try widening the date range on the bills page. This could help you see if older bills from those suppliers show up.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

chrissie15
      Experienced User

Hi Shella,

Thank you for your response. Widening the date range does not help. It just does not make any sense that MYOB cannot find the supplier using the Supplier field, but when I enter the supplier name in the Search field all the bills for the supplier are displayed.

Chrissie

Faultless
      User

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I have the same issue and when looking at "bills" it seems as though the bill is completely missing Eg bill 566,567,569 and 568 is missing for no reason when looking at the list, and the bill should still be open as only part payment has been made.

It can still be found when allocating a transaction in bank transactions.

Thanks 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi chrissie15,

In addition to the information that Shella provided above, if you may provide a screenshot of the supplier card that would be really helpful. Kindly ensure to include the supplier details on the screenshot as shown below and make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the Forum.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

chrissie15
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for your response. Here are screenshots to demonstrate the issue.

Regards,

Chrissie

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi chrissie15,

Thanks for providing the requested screenshots.

Aside from having a supplier card that is inactive but yours is active, another would be having a lot of supplier cards. For example, you have suppliers from A–G, and then you are trying to look for a supplier that starts with H. When you try to search for it in the drop-down menu, that supplier will not show up. Instead, the workaround would be to search for the supplier using the search bar on the right-hand side.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

rachtatli
    Contributing User

We are also encoutering this problem, is MYOB going to fix

chrissie15
      Experienced User

I don't think they are going to fix this issue. It sounds like they have no idea why it is happening.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi chrissie15

When you're trying to filter bills by supplier on the Bills page, the "No supplier found" message might appear if the exact name isn't entered. A quick workaround is to enter the initial letter of the supplier's name in the search field. This will trigger the system to load all supplier names starting with that letter. Sometimes the dropdown might not display all suppliers due to space constraints, but rest assured, they're all there in the background. Just wait for the bills to load after entering the initial letter, and you should see the supplier names pop up. Feel free to post if there's anything you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

chrissie15
      Experienced User

Thank you Doreen for your suggestion but I have already tried this and unfortunately it does not work.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi chrissie15

Thanks for trying the workaround! If the supplier doesn’t show up in the dropdown after you add their initials, it might be because the supplier contact is inactive in the system. I'd recommend checking that first.

If the supplier contact is active and you're still having issues, try contacting MOCA at myob.com/support for any questions or assistance. If MOCA can’t help, our live chat team will be ready to take over.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
        Genreve