Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Current Value Incorrect

We keep coming into an issue relating to the value of our stock when we try and do an inventory adjustment we keep getting an error message saying if the stock level is 0 then the value must be 0 as well. I think the issue is coming from the rounding of the value as the unit cost is $1,140.570008 and the amount shown for adjustment corrects to $1,140.57. Is there a way we can fix this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. - Also we are using Account right desktop, but have tried to correct this in the cloud based version as well and encounted the same error.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Connaugh,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I am sorry to hear that you were having a problem with your inventory items. 

I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response. We do have an online script to run to fix this issue, can you please send me a private message with the following information: 

*  Serial number
      *  Company name or Company ID
      *  Full name

You can also visit this help article that has detailed information about: Adding value to inventory

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Connaugh,

Thanks for the information and my apologies for the late response. I've run an online script over your file to fix this issue. 

Regarding the error message, it's important to note that it pertains to the item value, not the quantity. When reducing the item quantity to 0, the total item value should also be reduced to 0. However, in the transaction you're attempting to enter, where the quantity is reduced by 1 and the item value by 13.6, it will bring the quantity to 0 but not change the value.

1. Navigate to the "Item List."
    2. Drill into the item to view its "Current Value," which should be 0 once the quantity on hand is reduced to 0.
    3. You can either enter this amount as the price in the transaction or record an inventory adjustment to update the total value first before recording the credit note.

If you have any further questions or encounter any challenges during this process, please feel free to ask for assistance. We are here to help ensure the issue is resolved effectively.

Kind regards,
    Earl