Forum Discussion

JoR
Partner
2 years ago

Annual leave accrual for employee on workers compensation

How can I get annual leave to accrue for an employee who is on workers compensation?

The expense account used for workers compensation is different to the usual salaries and wages account code.

It can be entered manually but would be good to have it set up to accrue automatically.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi JoR,

Thank you for your post. 

Just to understand your setup better, how are you currently recording this employee's 'workers compensation' in the software? Have you created a 'workers compensation' payroll category and entered the relevant hours/amounts every pay cycle?  

If so, you would want to make sure you have your Annual Leave accrual item set to calculate and accrue either a fixed amount per pay period or a % of the gross hours per pay period. See below:

You also want to make sure that the 'Workers compensation' category has not been made exempt from the accrual category. You can check this by opening the annual leave accrual category and clicking the 'Exempt' tab, then ensuring there is no 'tick' placed against the category in question. 

If your setup is different from the above and this has not assisted you, please do let me know further details of your setup. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JoR
      Partner

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply.

The setup is as you have suggested with a separate 'workers compensation' payroll category and relevant amounts entered each pay cycle. The annual leave accrual is set up and the 'workers compensation' category is not exempt.

However the annual leave accrual is zero and has to be manually entered at this stage.

The setup of the 'workers compensation' category included overriding the employee wage expense account (as per guidelines from MYOB).

Has this caused the problem? 

Kind rregards

Jo

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi JoR,

I'm not aware of this being a cause for an issue like this. 

Were you able to provide a screenshot of both categories set-up and attach it in your reply?