Forum Discussion

CarlL1
User
3 years ago
Solved

Application Hang Error - whenever I try to start MYOB AR it stops half way thru and will not open at all anymore

I am reaching out to you in frustration again, as my Surface 7 notebook will not now load the MYOB software, and the software appears to just hang on opening.  It use to load the first week we transferred over to the online version, however no longer.

Our other pc’s have no issue, just my Surface 7.

I have spoken to two of MYOB's south africian help desk operators and they have been no help at all. 

My Issue:

When ever I try to start MYOB AR a box comes up, all the components start to load, then it just freezes.  A square windows box comes up looking like it is almost finished loading, however the menu at the top does not work, the X does not close it down, and whenever you click anywhere on the window you get the windows error sound.

By going into Task manager, you can see the application has stalled, and the only way to close it down is to end task in Task Manager.

I have tried restarting my laptop multiple times,

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MYOB AR v2021.8 approx 5 times,

I also restarted my laptop after each new installation as well,

I had Matt from our Tech company “NEOS Ltd” remote in and turn off my anti virus software, uninstall and re install the software as well,

Matt then looked into the error log for the MYOB software and it shows that Huxley keeps having an “Application Hang Error” – please see attached screen shot,

Any help the community can give would be appreciated. 

Any help you can give would be appreciated. J

Kind Regards,

Carl

info@metalart.co.nz

• Finally after a mamoth 5-6 hours on on help desk calls and waiting in queues, 5 disconnected phonecalls off there helplines, I have a solution / work around.

Turns out that my Surface 7, and docking station were interacting funny with MYOB AR software and appearing to be frozen.   In fact it was not frozen, the MYOB screen was showing on another mysterious screen somewhere in outerspace. 

We eventually proved this by simply loading MYOB, then when it appeared to stall, pressing TAB once follwed by ENTER.  This brought up the Start a new company screen which proved that MYOB was still working.  Once we proved it was still working and not frozen, we then disconnected the docking station, so that Windows reverted to only the laptop screen, and there it popped up.  MYOB Finally.  

After then re attaching the docking station, MYOB stayed there on the screen, however once restarted it again disappeared.  

So we finally have a work around if not a full solution. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Finally after a mamoth 5-6 hours on on help desk calls and waiting in queues, 5 disconnected phonecalls off there helplines, I have a solution / work around.

Turns out that my Surface 7, and docking station were interacting funny with MYOB AR software and appearing to be frozen.   In fact it was not frozen, the MYOB screen was showing on another mysterious screen somewhere in outerspace. 

We eventually proved this by simply loading MYOB, then when it appeared to stall, pressing TAB once follwed by ENTER.  This brought up the Start a new company screen which proved that MYOB was still working.  Once we proved it was still working and not frozen, we then disconnected the docking station, so that Windows reverted to only the laptop screen, and there it popped up.  MYOB Finally.  

After then re attaching the docking station, MYOB stayed there on the screen, however once restarted it again disappeared.  

So we finally have a work around if not a full solution.