Forum Discussion

emsnapper
Contributing User
10 days ago

How to import bank statement into very old version Account right

Hi

i I have a very old version account right. Support no longer provided. The reason not to update was in final stage before retirement. 
I have changed banks. 
issue is importing bank statement so I can enter  information for expenses and income and reconcile. 
I would like it to be permanent like it was for old bank account.  Every month I have to do again. 
Can someone help. 
thank you 

snapper

4 Replies

emsnapper
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply. I followed the instructions. When I imported a P.O. Box  indicated 12 entries were skipped.they were the spend entries. i saved the bank statement as as .qif file. My version of myob is is account right standard 19. I tried several times. The problem arose as I changed banks. It appears myob software not linking with bank. 
      I searched. Tried to use bank register from command centre and in actions “get statement”. All entries came across but I still could not reconcile. 
      I do not know how to proceed. 
      I would appreciate if you could help. Thank you. Susan

Liz_A
        Valued User

Hi emsnapper 

I don't think you will be able to get auto bank feeds any more without upgrading to the new versions but if you use the Get Statement option, then there are some other steps you need to do to finish the Reconciliation. Once the Transaction list comes up, then click on Actions, and then Add Transaction and this will take you into each entry so you can allocate it to the correct Account Code. Once you have done this with all of the transactions, you can go to the Reconcile Accounts and finish the Reconciliation. The great thing is the entries are already deemed Presented but you can change this if it doesn't reconcile. The only problem is if you have a lot of Transactions on the statement, you have to Add all of these in one go as you will lose the ones you haven't added if you log out part way through. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Liz