Forum Discussion

SuFish
Experienced User
2 months ago

Restoring a backup file crashes AccountRight

Hi, I can't restore a 2022 backup file. I've followed the instructions from other people asking about this in the forum but I haven't been able to resolve the problem.

I can see the file in my library but when I try to open the file by putting in my User name and PW AccountRight closes.

Thanks in advance...Su

9 Replies

SuFish1
    Experienced User

Our IT support at work uploaded an older version of the software and I opened the file that way. That worked for us this time...thanks all.

• HI SuFish,

I see that you're facing some issues with restoring your 2022 backup file. But no worries, we'll sort it out together. First off, let's make sure your AccountRight is updated to the latest version. I've also given the file a little reset, so it might be a good idea to uninstall and then reinstall AccountRight before you try logging in again. If you still can't restore backups, could you please provide the diagnostic log? This will allow me to delve deeper into the issue.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

SuFish
      Experienced User

Hello again,  I've attached the diagnostic file for you. I may need IT support to reinstall AccountRight so thought I'd start with this first while I wait to hear back from them.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SuFish,

Thanks for your reply. However, it seems like the diagnostic file didn't come through with your post. It's possible there was a glitch while attaching it. Could you please try to attach it again? In the meantime, it's a good idea to reach out to your IT support for help with reinstalling AccountRight to see if resetting the file helped resolve the issue with restoring the backup.

Feel free to reach out anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SuFish,

Could you please try clearing your AccountRight cache to see if this resolves your issue? If you're still experiencing the issue, why not try our virtual assistant, MOCA? It's designed to dive deeper into problems like this. You can interact with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. If MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is available to pick up where MOCA left off.

Regards,
      Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SuFish1,

We're glad to hear that your issue is resolved. If you have any further questions, feel free to start a new post, and we'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl