Forum Discussion

C9MB
User
3 years ago

Custom Connector for Microsoft Power Automate?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with creating a Custom Connector for Microsoft Power-Automate to wrap the MYOB APIs ?

Being able to connect to MYOB using Power Automate is obvioulsy an expection now, and I am being asked to provide a number of solutions this way.

MYOB doesn't appear to maintain a Postman collection, but Microsft does support creating a Custom Connector wrapper from scratch.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/define-blank

However, that's pretty tedious and I would have thought this requirement has come up by now, so before spending time on it I thought I'd check that I'm not re-inventing the wheel and get any feedback on pitfalls etc.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Unfortunately, MYOB APIs are much further behind than other standard (OAUTH2.0) practices - which means you cannot use their APIs :-(

Whenever I meet a client with MYOB who wants to perform integration with Power Automate it's either you migrate to another accounting package or it can't be done. 

I would love to see MYOB follow best practices for APIs as we've been using Power Automate using Custom Connectors with all the other accounting providers.