Forum Discussion

DanaCabrera
Contributing User
9 months ago

Bankfeeds defaulting to closed bank account

Hi all, 

We changed bank account several months ago. All of the old bank accounts have been marked inactive. The old bankfeeds are also disconnected. 

Yet, when I first open bankfeeds, it still defaults to the old main account. Once I click on the drop down arrow, the correct/current bank accounts appear (and the old one cannot even be chosen). The bankfeeds are working just fine - this is just an annoying "problem" because I have to make two extra clicks before the correct bankfeeds appear :D 

I have been googling for months for a solution to make Myob default to the current main bank account. Any suggestions which setting I may be overlooking? 

Thank you x

13 Replies

• Hi DanaCabrera,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Making an account inactive will remove that account from appearing in the select list or in the dropdown arrow in the Bank Feeds screen. Can you please confirm if this account shown in your bank feeds is inactive in the Account List window? If it's still showing as your default bank account, the only way to get rid of it would be to delete the bank account via Edit >> Delete Account. However, if transactions have been recorded against it or it is a linked account, you can't delete it. I've sent you a private message to discuss this further. Please check your inbox by going to your profile in the community forum and then selecting the envelope icon.

Cheers,

Princess

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AliParke9999,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Making an account inactive should remove it from your selection options, but it seems like that might not be happening in your case.

Could you double-check if the account you're seeing in your bank feeds is marked as inactive in your Account List window? If it's still showing up as your default bank account, you might need to delete it by going to Edit > Delete Account. Just keep in mind, if there are transactions recorded against it or if it's linked, deletion might not be an option.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

• I have the same issue, frustrating. Did you ever receive an actual solution to this discussion?

DanaCabrera
      Contributing User

Hi there, Myob assured me in September that the matter had been "escalated to the appropriate team" and I've heard nothing since 😐

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi DanaCabrera,

Thanks for reaching out and my apologies for the late response.  I'll be continuing to follow up on your case. I've sent you a private message to collect some additional information. Please take a moment to check your inbox.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
      Regards,
      Earl

DanaCabrera
        Contributing User

Hi Earl, 

Thank you for your reply. The last message in my inbox is from you from September. 

Please re-send or let me know here what additional information you require so I can provide it to you.

Thanks

Dana

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi DanaCabrera,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have reopened this case. Could you kindly verify whether the account appearing in your bank feeds is marked as inactive in the Account List window? If it continues to be designated as your default bank account, the only method to remove it is by deleting the bank account through the "Edit" menu and selecting "Delete Account." However, please note that if transactions have been recorded against it or if it is a linked account, deletion may not be possible. Could you kindly also respond with a screenshot?

Regards,
      Earl