Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Beneficiary Payments

The owner of the business has purchased goods from his own personal funds. He does not want the actual cash for it but wishes to put it through the business. How do I go about it? I was wanting to do it by going to Spend Money and than "Pay from Acc" and using the drop arrow - selecting his account (beneficiary) but I have no idea how to link this account to this option. Would someone be able to advise me please.

2 Replies

• Hi craiginoz 

There are several ways to do this. One is to make his Beneficiary account into a Bank or Credit Card account type and then it will show in the drop down Pay From list. If the Beneficiary's account is an Equity account type you won't be able to do this. In this case you can use Spend Money and leave the amount as zero and put in a positive amount for the expense and another line coded to the Beneficiary account as a negative amount, effectively creating a journal. Or you can do a journal and code the Debit to the expense account and the Credit to the Beneficiary account.

Cheers

Liz

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi craiginoz,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl