Forum Discussion

26 days ago

Electronic clearing account not showing on desktop version

Hello, randomly my electronic clearing account though showing in my accounts list, has disappeared as an option to select when preparing to pay electronically. I am able to pay bills in to the electronic account, but when I go to prepare those payments, the drop down account is not showing my electronic clearing account at all? This has just happened. All was working fine last week.
Strangely the account is showing to be selected in the web browser. Just not my desktop version?

4 Replies

• Hello nystateofhealthOMC2309 ,

To Resolve the Issue Open the desktop version of MYOB AccountRight.
    Go to the Accounts List and check the settings for the electronic clearing account.
    Ensure that the account type and details are correctly set up.
    Check for Software Updates Ensure that your MYOB AccountRight desktop software is up to date. Sometimes updates can resolve unexpected issues.
    Go to Help > Check for Updates and install any available updates.
    Clear AccountRight Cache Corrupt cache files can sometimes cause issues with account visibility. Clearing the cache might help.
    To clear the cache, close AccountRight and navigate to C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\20XX.X\Cache (replace 20XX.X with your version number). 
    Delete the files in the Cache folder.
    Re-link Electronic Payments Account Sometimes re-linking the account can resolve visibility issues.
    Go to Setup > Linked Accounts > Accounts & Banking Accounts.
    Ensure that the electronic clearing account is correctly linked for electronic payments.
    Check User Access and Permissions Ensure that your user account has the necessary permissions to access and select the electronic clearing account.
    Go to Setup > User Access and verify the permissions for your user role.
    Rebuild Company File In some cases, rebuilding the company file can fix various issues.
    Go to File > Optimize Company File and follow the prompts.

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi OMC2309

Thanks for posting. That's quite odd! It looks like there's a sync issue between your desktop and web versions. Try clearing your AccountRight's cache and cookies. Also, check if the account type is set as 'bank' and matches other accounts in the dropdown. If it's the default clearing account, it might not show up.

If the electronic clearing account is still showing, why not try our virtual assistant, MOCA? It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a go! Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need; our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up where MOCA left off.

Kind regards,

Shella

OMC2309
        User

Thank you. I did some more Googling and found my answer in this community. For some reason it was like MYOB reset overnight. All the previous bank rec dates were blank, and the default bank accounts deselected, so when I went to process the electronic payments, it was usually preselected that the account was our main trading account. So, when the bank account was blank, I was trying to select 'electronic clearing account' when I should have been selecting our main trading account. It wouldn't let me select the electronic clearing account, as this is not the account the payments were coming out of (if that makes any sense at all). The web browser thing was a red herring, as I also could not process the payments there either. Thankfully I found the solution, and all is well.
        Thank you MYOB community.