Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

PAYG PAYMENT

ONCE IVE PAID THE PAYG AMOUNT HOW CAN I RECONCILE IT TO MY BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT REENTERING THE INFO IN MYOB AGAIN AS IT DOUBLES UP

• Hi afcanb7 

Thanks for your post. When you process a payrun PAYG Withholding is allocated to a PAYG Withholding Payable liability account. This will appear as a credit in the PAYG liability account.

When you pay the PAYG Withholding amount to the ATO you need to clear that liability account as you don't owe that money anymore. You can do this by recording a Pay Liabilities transaction which will debit the PAYG Withholding Payable account. If your PAYG payment is included in your BAS you can record a Spend Money transaction, which will also debit the liability account: Recording your ATO payment or Credit

You can then reconcile the PAYG Withholding liability account back to zero.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi afcanb7 

Thanks for your post. When you process a payrun PAYG Withholding is allocated to a PAYG Withholding Payable liability account. This will appear as a credit in the PAYG liability account.

When you pay the PAYG Withholding amount to the ATO you need to clear that liability account as you don't owe that money anymore. You can do this by recording a Pay Liabilities transaction which will debit the PAYG Withholding Payable account. If your PAYG payment is included in your BAS you can record a Spend Money transaction, which will also debit the liability account: Recording your ATO payment or Credit

You can then reconcile the PAYG Withholding liability account back to zero.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.