Forum Discussion

AlTwig
User
3 years ago
Solved

Processed payments are showing in Trade Debtors account

Hi. I’ve got payment I’ve processed in the 'receive payment' but still sowing in 'Trade Debtors' account. Any idea why? 

• Hi AlTwig 

Those screenshots look right to me. When you record the sales the Trade debtor account is debited:

When you record the Receive payment the Trade debtor account is credited:

If you look in Find transactions>>Account tab and filter by the Trade debtor account, the sale and payment have cleared each other out:

In the Bank register window you are filtering by the bank account (pink circle) so all transactions allocated to the bank account will appear in this window. The account in the Account column (yellow highlight) is the other allocation account of that transaction. Which is correct because the Receive payment transaction is allocated to both the bank account and Trade debtors account:

Hope this clarifies it for you. Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AlTwig 

So that I can assist with this can you provide the following screenshots:

• the Receive payments transaction
    • the Recap of the Receive payments transaction, with the payment transaction open press Ctrl+R on your keyboard
    • where you're seeing that amount in the Trade debtors account

Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

AlTwig
      User

Hi Tracy

Thank you for helping. Please see attached as requested. 

My prosses is: I raise an invoice after delivering the products and after i get paid i prosses the payment in 'Sales, Receive Payment', but still see the payment in 1-1310 account.

Al

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi AlTwig 

Those screenshots look right to me. When you record the sales the Trade debtor account is debited:

When you record the Receive payment the Trade debtor account is credited:

If you look in Find transactions>>Account tab and filter by the Trade debtor account, the sale and payment have cleared each other out:

In the Bank register window you are filtering by the bank account (pink circle) so all transactions allocated to the bank account will appear in this window. The account in the Account column (yellow highlight) is the other allocation account of that transaction. Which is correct because the Receive payment transaction is allocated to both the bank account and Trade debtors account:

Hope this clarifies it for you. Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.