Forum Discussion

Ellie1
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Recreate payroll bank file

Hi 

Have deleted EFT payroll payment and now wish to recreate the bank file.   When go to recreate the message is "transaction will be recorded before bank file created".   Does this duplicate the payroll entries for STP reporting purposes?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ellie1 

Thanks for your post. How this process works is:

1. the pay transactions are recorded in Process payroll, posted to the electronic clearing account
    2. the Prepare electronic payment window lists transactions posted to the electronic clearing account
    3. when you click on Bank file the ABA file is created and the electronic payment transaction is recorded which moves the payment amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account

The message The transaction will be recorded before the bank file is created refers to the electronic payment transaction. So this won't have any affect on the pay transactions.

I hope that clarifies it for you. Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.