Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

Payroll Matching Bank Feed - HELP

Hi

I have run a payroll and when paying manually through the bank I discovered an overpayment.  I made the adjustment manually to the amount paid to the bank and now I need to go back and adjust the payroll so that it matches in my bank feed.  How do I adjust that persons amount in their pay so that it matches the feed?  It gives me no options to edit the pay, do I reverse the whole pay run and re do it with the correct amount and date?  If so how do I do this. Thanks Mel

• Hi, milikapiti

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If you manually paid the employee through the bank since there was an overpayment from the pay run, you may need to reverse and reprocess the pay. This will allow you to match a payroll transaction to a bank transaction. Reversing a pay depends on the status of the pay run is Sent, Accepted or Accepted with error. If the status of the pay run is Rejected or Not Sent, you will need to delete it. To delete or reverse an employee's pay, please refer to the steps below:

• Go to the Payroll menu and click Pay runs.
    • Click the Date of payment for the pay run containing the pay you need to delete/reverse.
    • Click the name of the Employee whose pay you want to delete/reverse. Based on the status of the pay run in the Payroll Reporting Centre, you'll have the option to either delete or reverse the pay. See above for more details.

If deleting the pay:

• Click Delete.
    • In the confirmation message, click Delete.

If reversing the pay:

• Click Reverse pay.
    • Click Record reversal.

You may also refer to the Help Article: Fixing a pay for further information regarding your concern.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with your concern.

Best regards,

Doreen

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, milikapiti

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If you manually paid the employee through the bank since there was an overpayment from the pay run, you may need to reverse and reprocess the pay. This will allow you to match a payroll transaction to a bank transaction. Reversing a pay depends on the status of the pay run is Sent, Accepted or Accepted with error. If the status of the pay run is Rejected or Not Sent, you will need to delete it. To delete or reverse an employee's pay, please refer to the steps below:

• Go to the Payroll menu and click Pay runs.
    • Click the Date of payment for the pay run containing the pay you need to delete/reverse.
    • Click the name of the Employee whose pay you want to delete/reverse. Based on the status of the pay run in the Payroll Reporting Centre, you'll have the option to either delete or reverse the pay. See above for more details.

If deleting the pay:

• Click Delete.
    • In the confirmation message, click Delete.

If reversing the pay:

• Click Reverse pay.
    • Click Record reversal.

You may also refer to the Help Article: Fixing a pay for further information regarding your concern.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with your concern.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, milikapiti

We would like to follow up on your concern. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen