Forum Discussion

CPsyc
Contributing Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Matching payroll across two transactions in bank feed

Hello!

I completed a pay run in MYOB and I accidentally transfered a smaller amount to one employee (I do the transfers manually though my banking app). I realised the error right away and just transfered the difference across. I now have two transactions in my bank feed and it isn't allowing me to match it to the payroll as I normally do, because each of the two transaction amounts is less than the payroll amount.

Could someone please provide advice on how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

F

• Hi CPsyc 

Thanks for your post.

After the pay run was processed then paid in real life but the payment was split into two, in this case, you may need to split the pay run as well. You will need to reverse then reprocess the pay run based on how the payment was split. Once pay run is processed, you can match the payroll transaction to the bank feed transaction. The Help Article Fixing a pay will provide you the steps on how to reverse a pay. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CPsyc 

Thanks for your post.

After the pay run was processed then paid in real life but the payment was split into two, in this case, you may need to split the pay run as well. You will need to reverse then reprocess the pay run based on how the payment was split. Once pay run is processed, you can match the payroll transaction to the bank feed transaction. The Help Article Fixing a pay will provide you the steps on how to reverse a pay. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

CPsyc
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks, Doreen. Really helpful :)

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CPsyc 

Thanks for updating us about this.

Glad to hear that the resolution I have provided was able to fix the issue you're having on your end. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen