Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Superannuation entry duplicated - bank reconciliation

2 entries are appearing on my Bank reconcilation (Banking - Reconcile Accounts) every time I process the superannuation under 'Pay Superannuation'. I get an entry when the payment is recorded (named Superannuation Payment) and an EFT line (named Small Business Super Fund). Therefore, when I go to reconcile after retrieving the bank feeds, I am left with 1 unmatched entry each time.

Is this due to an incorrect setup of the Pay Super function?

I have attached a photo of the issue.

2 questions:  

A - how do I stop these from happening

B - how to I remove these entries from the reconciliation screen without affecting any entries

Thanks.

5 Replies

• I have this same problem and would appreciate any help.  Entries on the Liability account and the Expenses account appear correct as do the set up in Payroll.  The money has not been withdrawn twice but it makes for inaccurate reports - not happy!!

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

HI Frances47,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please provide me with more details on the issue and may I request for a screenshot of the report so we can check and investigate to assist you further?  

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Thank you, 

Cel

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Frances47,

We hope this message finds you well. We want to check back with you regarding your concern with your liability account and expense account. We asked for a screenshot, but we have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again or create a new post. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Frances47
        User

My linked accounts for Superannuation are as follows:

6-6220 Superannuation

2-3200 Superannuation payable

Entries from Payroll are going into the correct accounts each Payrun.

I have attached a copy of my Bank Reconciliation showing the Direct Debits to SuperChoice as Reconciled.  However the equivalent amounts are also listed as outstanding withdrawals as below:

29/9/23 September Superannuation $135.40

3/10/23 Direct Debit $135.40 (Reconciled from bank feed)

29/10/2023 October Superannuatiion $169.25

31/10/2023 Direct Debit $169.25 (Reconciled from Bank feed)

In preparing this message for the Commity I have discovered I have a Bank Rule set up to automatically place the bank feed entries into the Liabilty account.  Could it be as simple as deleting the rule??  They pay their Superannuation monthly for Cash Flow reasons so I would like to get it fixed before the end of this current month.

Thanks,