Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Transactions not showing in the bank reconciliation

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with reconciling transactions within the  date range of 1/04/2022 to 30/06/2022. Despite correctly allocating the transactions and ensuring that the appropriate bank account is selected, I am encountering difficulty as these transactions do not appear in the reconciliation bank.

I have confirmed that all transactions have been accurately entered, and the dates are input correctly. Despite this, the transactions are not reflecting in the bank reconciliation.

I have attached scrrenshots of the bank reconciliation and the bank transaction tabs. For instance the fisrt of April 2022 I can only reconcile 3 transactions but I have 9 transactions in the Bank transaction.

I would  appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. If you have any insights or suggestions on how to make these transactions appear in the bank reconciliation, please share them with me :)

Thank you 

bank transactions.png

reconcile account.png

6 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Badr-talhaoui,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

In this regard, if you are not seeing a transaction that should be listed in the reconciliation window, I would recommend going to Banking >> Find Transaction >> Debits and Credits >> and locating the transaction using the filters. To ensure that the transaction has the appropriate date and account you are trying to reconcile.  

Should that information be correct, run the Account Transaction report for that account and period. You then need to select the Customize tab before selecting the Reconciled date column to display. If so, that transaction has already been reconciled and the date is the reconciliation date of the transaction.

If you still need assistance with this, or if the issue persists, do not hesitate to contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Rob799
      Contributing User

This potential solution won't work with MYOB Business lite as the "Accounts Transaction" report function is not available for the lite version of MYOB.  I am having the same issue with transactions not showing up in the recon window but shows up in "find transcations" and other places, ust not the recon window.  Have checked everything so highly likely its a bug that needs to be fixed asap.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Rob799,

Thanks for your post, I would recommend doing a future-dated reconciliation by following these instructions. 

1. In the Reconcile Accounts window enter the bank statement date as something like 1/12/2024
        2. Enter the calculated balance in the closing balance field so the Out of balance is $0.00
        3. Click Reconcile
        4. Click on Undo reconciliation
        5. Undo the future dated reconciliation
        6. Check if those transactions now appear in the Reconcile accounts window

Please do let me know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Badr-talhaoui,

We hope this message finds you well. We want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to create a new post. Rest assured that one of our moderators will be happy to help.

Kind Regards, 

Cel