Forum Discussion

Bonehead
Contributing User
7 months ago
Solved

ABA files for NAB bank Error

When I create an ABA file and try to upload it to NAB I get the following error:

"Error 317651: The 'From account' details must be entered."

When I proceed further I get these three:

"Error 317002: 'From account' must be selected."

"Error 317003: 'Description' must be entered."

"Error 317003: 'Remitter name' must be entered."

Once I enter all the above informaition the transactions go through.

How do I fix this?

• Hi Bonehead,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. If you've input all the necessary information in the accounts list and selected 'I create bank files for this account,' you might also need to check 'Include a Self-Balancing Transaction.' Certain banks, like NAB, may require this, while others may not. If it's already selected, you can try unchecking it. 

And also, regarding AccountRight, it's important to have the banking details recorded under the banking tab of the relevant account. Ensure you have the Direct Entry User ID, Bank Code, and the banking information for all recipients set up in your file. If all this information is entered correctly, the ABA files created should be ready for payment.

If you encounter errors, reaching out to your bank might provide insights. It could be a simple checkbox or option inside the banking portal that needs attention. They might be able to guide you through the necessary steps.

Please do let us know if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Bonehead,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. If you've input all the necessary information in the accounts list and selected 'I create bank files for this account,' you might also need to check 'Include a Self-Balancing Transaction.' Certain banks, like NAB, may require this, while others may not. If it's already selected, you can try unchecking it. 

And also, regarding AccountRight, it's important to have the banking details recorded under the banking tab of the relevant account. Ensure you have the Direct Entry User ID, Bank Code, and the banking information for all recipients set up in your file. If all this information is entered correctly, the ABA files created should be ready for payment.

If you encounter errors, reaching out to your bank might provide insights. It could be a simple checkbox or option inside the banking portal that needs attention. They might be able to guide you through the necessary steps.

Please do let us know if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl

Bonehead
      Contributing User

Thanks Earl_HD,

The 'Include a Self-Balancing Transaction.' check box was the culprit. It all works now.

Cheers

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Bonehead,

Thanks for letting us know that your problem is now resolved. Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl