Forum Discussion

Flash1
Contributing User
4 months ago
Solved

Credit Card Balance

Hi there

The Balance of my ANZ Credit Card with MYOB does not match the Balance with my Card.

MYOB Essentials was upgraded to Business on 10 October 2023, it was at this time that the error ocurred.

How do I get MYOB to adjust their Balance to match?

Thanks

• Hi Flash1

Thank you bringing your concern to our attention. 

I understand how important accessing reconciling your account is. In my understanding, you are referring to your bank reconciliation. Generally. migrating a file does not affect reconciliation. The calculated closing balance is based out of the total of the opening balance, previous reconciliations, and all the mark transactions while accessing this window.

I recommend trying the following steps to refresh the system for any hidden transactions. 

1. Open the Reconcile accounts window. (Banking > Reconcile Accounts)
    2. Choose the account in question. 
    3. Input the date 30/12/9998.
    4. Mark all transactions check. 
    5. Copy the calculated closing balance value to the Closing bank statement balance box.
    6. Click the Reconcile button. 
    7. Undo the reconciliation. 

After following these steps, you can then try to reconcile your accounts as normal. (make sure not to reconcile with dates older than the "date last reconciled")

Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Flash1

Thank you bringing your concern to our attention. 

I understand how important accessing reconciling your account is. In my understanding, you are referring to your bank reconciliation. Generally. migrating a file does not affect reconciliation. The calculated closing balance is based out of the total of the opening balance, previous reconciliations, and all the mark transactions while accessing this window.

I recommend trying the following steps to refresh the system for any hidden transactions. 

1. Open the Reconcile accounts window. (Banking > Reconcile Accounts)
    2. Choose the account in question. 
    3. Input the date 30/12/9998.
    4. Mark all transactions check. 
    5. Copy the calculated closing balance value to the Closing bank statement balance box.
    6. Click the Reconcile button. 
    7. Undo the reconciliation. 

After following these steps, you can then try to reconcile your accounts as normal. (make sure not to reconcile with dates older than the "date last reconciled")

Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
    Genreve