Forum Discussion

trish_f
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

No matching transactions for wages payment in bank feed

Hi all, I'm new to MYOB Business and am having trouble with not being able to match my wages payment in my bank feed to any transaction. I called MYOB support for help, and was directed to the 'Manage Linked Accounts' tab and then found the wages paymetns under 'Prepare Electronic Payments', however I then changed the linked bank account for electronic payments to my business bank account and then the payments disappeared and are now not in the 'Prepare Electronic Payments' or the bank feed.  Now I'm totally lost for where they could be. Is there anyway to revert back to before I changed the linked account? Can anyone help me find the transactions and have them appear in the bank feed please? I have attached some screenshots to help. Thanks!

• Morning

To delete the electronic payment go to banking > find transactions and look for the EPXXXX 

select it and choose delete

Electronic Clearing Account 

Go to Chart of accounts in Accounting tab

Look into assets and see if is there -  It may just be inactive ( untick)

If not 

Set  up should be 

Account BANK

Account TYpe  CURRENT ASSET

Number 1-1171

Name Electronic Clearing Account

Opening Balance $0.0

Tax code N-T

Then go to manage linked accounts again and select your electronic clearing account

Hope this helps

Lisa

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Trish,

the linked account for your electronic payments should be your electronic clearing account not the bank account

The way you have set it up means that you effectively cancel out the transaction.

change the linked account

you will probably have to delete the electronic payment for the payrun and redo

then you should be able to match it in bank feeds

hope this helps

lisa

trish_f
      Contributing User

Thanks Lisa,

When I originally processed the pays, the linked account selected was the electronic clearing account and the transactions were still not showing up in the bank feed as a match transaction option, but they were showing up in the 'prepare electronic payments' window.

I tried changing the bank account back, but there doesn't seem to be an electronic clearing account in the list.

In the Find Transactions window, they are there and have been posted to the electronic clearing account, but somehow, this account does not exist in my chart of accounts.

Any ideas? Do I create an Electronic Clearing Account? 

How do I delete the electronic payment associated with the pay run? When I click into an individual wage transaction it only allows me to reverse the pay, which is not what I want to do.

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Morning

To delete the electronic payment go to banking > find transactions and look for the EPXXXX 

select it and choose delete

Electronic Clearing Account 

Go to Chart of accounts in Accounting tab

Look into assets and see if is there -  It may just be inactive ( untick)

If not 

Set  up should be 

Account BANK

Account TYpe  CURRENT ASSET

Number 1-1171

Name Electronic Clearing Account

Opening Balance $0.0

Tax code N-T

Then go to manage linked accounts again and select your electronic clearing account

Hope this helps

Lisa