Forum Discussion

Cortex
Contributing Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Retrospectively changing "Date of Payment" in pay transaction to correct reconciliation issues

Hello,
In the past when my business was made up by myself and my wife, I was a little lax when it came to date entry discipline. Some of the the Pay Run reported dates didn't align to when the pay would hit our bank accounts. This has screwed up our Reconciliation.

My question: Is it possible to go back and change the "Date of Payment" on employee pay transactions, OR is there a way to correct the dates without having to delete the transaction. IF i need to delete the pay transactions, how do I create a new pay transaction with the correct paid date? I can't seem to create retrospective pay runs in MYOB.

Thank you

• Hi Cortex

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties matching your bank feeds with your pay runs. Unfortunately, there is no way to edit the payment date of a recorded pay run, you will need to recreate the pay run with the right information instead. The date of payment will be shown on the first page of creating the pay run. 

Also, I recommend reading this article, Fixing a Pay. I understand this does not apply to what you are trying to achieve but this will give insight to correcting pay in general. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Gerenve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Cortex

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties matching your bank feeds with your pay runs. Unfortunately, there is no way to edit the payment date of a recorded pay run, you will need to recreate the pay run with the right information instead. The date of payment will be shown on the first page of creating the pay run. 

Also, I recommend reading this article, Fixing a Pay. I understand this does not apply to what you are trying to achieve but this will give insight to correcting pay in general. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Gerenve