Forum Discussion

sKrael
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Online "Invoice Payments" payments for "order level" sales.

We require payment from our customers prior to sending goods. As such, an invoice is created as an order. Once they pay, the invoice is converted to "bill" and the goods are sent (therefore correctly keeping inventory figures accurate).

I am in the process of signing up for Invoice Payments. However, I don't see the "tickbox" option for accepting online payments on order-level sales.

Is this not possible, or have I missed out on something in the setup (I think I did not opt for "receiving deposits" when I signed up).

• Hi sKrael 

Currently the Online Invoice Payments system only allows the online payment facility to be added to invoices. If you were emailing out orders and not invoices the online payment facility would not be available.

If you were wanting to allow your customers to pay using the online payments facility the transactions would need to be sent out as invoices not orders

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi sKrael 

Currently the Online Invoice Payments system only allows the online payment facility to be added to invoices. If you were emailing out orders and not invoices the online payment facility would not be available.

If you were wanting to allow your customers to pay using the online payments facility the transactions would need to be sent out as invoices not orders

sKrael
      Experienced User

This makes the Invoice Payments totally useless to me, sadly. Converting orders to bills decrements our inventory and some customers take a long time to pay (if at all) so we don't convert to bill until the goods are paid and leave the warehouse.

Neil_Mappreciate the reply, although it is not the answer I was hoping for!