Forum Discussion

endtop
Experienced User
3 years ago

unmatch the transaction

Hi all,

Is there anyone who can help me with the transaction to unmatch?

the transaction were already Reconciled Manually but i matched with the wrong transaction. I tried undo the reconciliation but still i cant unmatch 

i would appreciate if some one there can help me how to unmatch the transaction after reconcile manually

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AlanT
    Ultimate Partner

Hi endtop 

What kind of transaction is it?

If it is a payment from a customer that you matched to the wrong invoice, you should be able to go back to the Bank Transactions  ยป Select All Transactions and locate the deposit.

Then from the drop down arrow next to the allocation, untick the wrong invoice and tick the correct one.

Please let us know if it is some other type of transaction you are matching.

AlanT

endtop
      Experienced User

Okay the thing is in the april payroll i pay the employee through bank transfer but it got reversed back into the bank account. so i made a payment to my employee again that made  3 transactions in the MYOB 1 credit and 2 debit. i match the first transaction with payroll reference, which i was not supposed to . the remaining two was first credit and then debit which made my bank balance appears incorrect.

Hopefully it make sense

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi endtop 

So in the Bank transactions window you've got two withdrawals for the two payments and one deposit for the returned amount. 

Match one of the withdrawals with the pay transaction as normal. The other withdrawal and the deposit you can allocate to the suspense account. As the amount is the same the suspense account will be cleared back to zero. 

Please let us know if you need further help.