Forum Discussion

AT2
User
4 months ago

Reactivate a User

Hi team,

I wanted to change one of my staff's access from "file user" to "Online admin". But i have accidentally clicked and changed him to Advisor.

Then when i saved it, for some reason the email changed and he now doesnt have any access to our MYOB file and I cant seem to edit it.

I couldnt even delete the profile due to audit trail and also I made him inactive and now i cant reactivate him.

Please help.

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AT2,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If you're having issues editing a file user's access, I would suggest creating a new user within the file and set it up accordingly. Since you were able to inactivate the user, you can then create a new one. More information regarding this can be found here.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

AT2
      User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried setting the employee again but MYOB keeps giving the error "there is already a user with this email. Enter a different email" even though he is classed as inactive.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AT2,

Thanks for your response. 

Typically this can occur if the email address is already associated with another user account in the system. To resolve this issue, I recommend reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, which can be found on our website. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team. Please provide all the necessary details, including the exact error message you're receiving and the email address of the user you're trying to set up. 

Feel free to create a post again if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess