Forum Discussion

SCan
Experienced User
2 years ago

Work offline

Before I move from Accountright to Business Lite I would like to know if I can work offline if necessary.

It is possible with Accountright, and I can even suspend my subscription and it will continue to work without Bank Feeds.

This is a good thing IMO.

Can Business Lite work offline?

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SCan

Thanks for reaching out. 

In AccountRight we could save our files either offline or online as there is a desktop application you could access it from. In Business Lite the file is saved in the cloud, the only way we could access a file from Business Lite is only via the Internet. There is no option for Business Lite to be worked on offline. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. I'm happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.

SCan
      Experienced User

I see, thanks Genreve.

Will it be possible to easily export all the data if I cancel my subscription?

Also I contacted support directly about a week ago. How long should we expect to wait for replies from support?

I am currently looking at my various options for changing my accouunting system. I thought when it came to new sales, at least, that support would be more responsive. Either way reliable suppoort is probably my most important consideration when it comes to accounting software.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SCan

As gavin12345 has mentioned. We could import all data from an import file to your AccountRight file but we could not use the exported report to do it. We also can't convert the old file itself to AccountRight. Since currently, there is no migration available to shift from Business Lite to AccountRight. Might I suggest going with the trial version of the application first then deciding if you want to migrate your file after? 

Cheers,

Genreve