Forum Discussion

2 years ago

business lite software id - where do i find this apart from payroll?

i have business lite and need my software ID. I do not have employees. I employed someone for 6mths years ago. I have ticked 'inactive'. I cannot get past the prompt to fix the base rate and other details for employees, in order to find out my software ID

where can i find out my software ID in order to connect the software to the ATO?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello monica6 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you need to get your Software ID outside the connect to ATO process, you can get it by:

1. Go Payroll Single Touch Payroll reporting.
    2. Click ATO settings.
    3. Note down your Software ID and notify the ATO you're using MYOB for payroll reporting (as described above).

I have attached a Help Article on notifying the ATO for single touch payroll reporting which goes over how to connect everything up and will provide steps on anything else you may need to locate.

Please let me know how you go. 

monica6
      User

Hi Chris

I tried to do this but it wouldn’t let me - it commented that I had errors in payroll and needed to fix them. I have had 1 employee in the last 20 years, she worked for 6months 10years ago. I did mark her name as inactive, it made no difference, MYOB business lite was going to make me go through the process of adding all the payroll information before I could look up the software ID.

It’s been very frustrating.

Luckily in one of my many attempts to close MYOB and start again, the BAS link in the accounting section showed me the software ID and so I called the ATO and have linked the software and completed the BAS. 

May I suggest that the business software ID could be featured in the section about business details with the serial number?

Thank you