Forum Discussion

11 months ago
Solved

Create Payroll File to lodge to ATO in an acceptable format

We have just been set up for STP today but need to lodge a report for an employees PAYG in the 2022/23 FY.

I can only seem to generate reports in PDF and the ATO requires it in a different format. 

I have tried lodging it with EOFY Finalisation update event but it is being rejected as the payruns were not processed using STP.

Please help!

• Hi, Thanks for your post and Welcome here in the Community Forum. I hope you find it a useful tool.

Generally, this can happen if you set up STP after the start of a new payroll year but you're trying to finalize the previous payroll year. To resolve this, you would need to finalize your previous year's payroll information, you will need to complete manual payment summaries for your employees using the forms available from the ATO.

If unsure about completing or submitting these forms, we recommend speaking to your accounting advisor or the ATO.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Thanks for your post and Welcome here in the Community Forum. I hope you find it a useful tool.

Generally, this can happen if you set up STP after the start of a new payroll year but you're trying to finalize the previous payroll year. To resolve this, you would need to finalize your previous year's payroll information, you will need to complete manual payment summaries for your employees using the forms available from the ATO.

If unsure about completing or submitting these forms, we recommend speaking to your accounting advisor or the ATO.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth